Vegan GMO advocates for a rational approach toward biotechnology in the ongoing struggle for animal justice.
The need to defend the truth about technology has never been more urgent than now. Compassion and critical thinking are foundational components of the vegan philosophy. GMO technology increases our toolbox of options for addressing problems of suffering throughout the world. We are “pro-GMO” for these following reasons:
- Spreading Veganism: Vegan living can be made more accessible and convenient.
- Animal Alternatives: Equivalent or improved vegan alternatives to animal products can be invented.
- Animal Testing: Given the scientific consensus that GMO technology is safe, unfounded fears lead to egregious animal testing and abuse.
- Scientific Advancement: The more we know, the better we can solve problems.
- Nutrition: We can grow plant foods with better nutrient profiles.
- Agriculture: Improved plant varieties can be created to resist challenges inherent to growing food.
- Medicine: More solutions can be innovated for modern disease prevention and treatment for all animals.
- Empowerment: Help developing countries achieve food security.
- Big Business: Overly strict barriers and regulations can inhibit smaller companies with big business to monopolize.
- Ethics: It’s just the right thing to do, which is why we’re vegan in the first place! A consistent and effective application of our own standards of morality requires insistence for the truth.
We understand the concerns some vegans may have and hope you will join us in exploring the vast opportunities biotechnology can improve the lives of all.